Pool, Jacuzzi or Spa
A permit is required prior to the installation of a swimming pool, spa or an artificial pond. Cost of the permit is $50.00.
For further information on swimming pool, spas or artificial ponds please contact by-laws and regulations at (613) 443-3066.
- A 1.2m fence is required for an inground pool, no fence required for pools 1.2m above ground. If deck is added, 1.2m self closing and latching gates are required.
- Pools have to be installed 1.5m from the side and rear property lines, owners are also responsible to check for septic beds and easements registered on their property.
- Motor/filter have to be installed at 1.5m from the side and rear property lines and at no less than 1m from the pool wall unless the pool is completely enclosed within a yard regardless of the height of the pool or spa.
- Special regulations apply when property is located on a corner lot.
- Special regulations apply for an inflatable and/or temporary swimming pool.
Swimming pool permit