The Township publishes its job opportunities in this section of the website but also in the weekly local newspapers: Le Reflet News, and on our Facebook and twitter pages.
Those interested in the above mentioned positions are invited to submit their resume in Word or PDF format, clearly identifying the position desired to: HUMAN RESOURCES by email at email@example.com or in person at our offices at 717, Notre-Dame Street, Embrun. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, the Township of Russell agrees to recognize the different needs and to provide an accessible place to all.
Reporting to and supporting the Treasurer, the person will be responsible for the duties within the Treasury and as dictated under the Municipal Act, 2001.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual financial Information return and financial statements.
- Prepare various working papers, backup, etc. in order to do the year-end work and allow the various auditors to review the same.
- Assist the Treasurer in the monitoring of the budget activities by various Township Departments.
- Assist the Treasurer in the preparation of the annual budget estimates and rates of taxation.
- Update and maintain an adequate knowledge of changes in Federal and Provincial policies on all matters pertaining to the operation of the Finance Department as well as other Municipal Operations in general.
- In the absence of the Treasurer, assume her duties and responsibilities in the operation of the Finance Department.
- Will be responsible to supervise the Payable Clerk, Payroll and Utility Clerk.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- University or College diploma in business, commerce, accounting or finance or equivalent in Municipal Administration
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in municipal administration,
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, provincial legislation, tax laws and reporting requirements for municipalities,
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, research and report writing skills,
- Experience in staff management would be an asset,
- Previous experience managing municipal budgets and forecasting for future capital projects would be an asset,
- Must successfully display competencies of :
- accuracy and thoroughness;
- holding people accountable;
- analytical & systematic thinking (Problem Solving);
- integrity and efficiency.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent understanding, speaking and writing of both French and English.
COMPENSATION: The salary, based on 35 hours per week, is between $58,673 and $73,679 per year together with an excellent benefit package.
DEADLINE TO POST YOUR RESUME: SEPTEMBER 10th, 2014 before 4:00 P.M.