The Township publishes its job opportunities in this section of the website but also in the weekly local newspapers: Le Reflet News, and on our Facebook and twitter pages.
HOW TO APPLY?
Those interested in the mentioned positions are invited to submit their resume in Word or PDF format, clearly identifying the position desired to: HUMAN RESOURCES by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at our offices at 717, Notre-Dame Street, Embrun. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, the Township of Russell agrees to recognize the different needs and to provide an accessible place to all.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR - FULL TIME
The Parks and Recreation department is currently seeking a motivated individual for the above mentioned position. The Program Coordinator will organize and promote recreational activities. The candidate will be responsible of all recreation facilities reservations and will plan, organize, develop and evaluate recreational summer, fall and winter programs for participants of all ages. The coordinator will also perform supervisory duties to ensure the timely completion of assigned duties, and to ensure that all work is completed following established safe work practices. This person will be responsible for the registration and booking system on the CLASS program, maintain and update the recreation section of the website. The candidate will be responsible for the hiring, supervision and evaluation of the summer programs staff including the 4 different summer camps and pool. This person will also be responsible for the bar operations (purchasing, staffi ng, cash handling and deposits).
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- A post-secondary education in the related fi eld would be an asset.
- Experience in managing a budget and a basic knowledge in accounting would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of offi ce software, including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of the Class registration system.
- The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, be able to set priorities and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confi dential information.
- Smart Serve certifi cate would be an asset
Excellent profi ciency in understanding, speaking, reading and writing of both French and English.
The salary, based on 35 hours per week is between $52,401 and $64,731 per year and includes an excellent benefi t package.
DEADLINE TO POST YOUR RESUME : DECEMBER 9th 2015, BEFORE 4 P.M.
BOWLING HALL ATTENDANT (November 2015 - Mai 2016)
- Weekend shifts
- Work in the bowling hall canteen
EMBRUN AND RUSSELL ARENAS (Sept. 2015 - Apr. 2016)
Must be available 2-3 days a week.
- Canteen Attendant
- Assistant Operators
- Operators (18+ and valid driver’s license)
DEADLINE TO POST YOUR RESUME : DECEMBER 3rd 2015, BEFORE 4 P.M.
GRADUATE EDUCATORS, ST-JEAN & LA CROISÉE DAYCARE (18+)
The ideal candidates will be under the supervision of the Daycare Manager and be responsible for:
The candidate must be 18 years of age or over, possess a College degree in Early Childhood Education or in the process of completing an apprenticeship program and be a member of the Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario. The must submit the appropriate criminal check and hold a valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- delivering an educational program including activities that are geared toward children development, their health, their security and their well-being;
- assuring a professional and efficient management of the programs and activities of the service;
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent proficiency in understanding, speaking, reading and writing of French. English an asset.
COMPENSATION: The salary, based on 25 hours per week (split shift), is between $16.69 and $18.89 per hour.
NON-GRADUATE EDUCATORS, ST-JEAN & LA CROISÉE DAYCARE (18+)
Responsible for delivering an educational program including activities that are geared toward children development, their health, their security and their well-being. Please include all current certification including first aid/C.P.R.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent proficiency in speaking, reading and writing of French. English an asset.
COMPENSATION: The salary, based on 25 hours per week (split shift), is between $12.93 and $14.65 per hour.
The positions at the daycare remain open until filled.