The Township publishes its job opportunities in this section of the website but also in the weekly local newspapers: Le Reflet News, and on our Facebook and twitter pages.
HOW TO APPLY?
Those interested in the mentioned positions are invited to submit their resume in Word or PDF format, clearly identifying the position desired to: HUMAN RESOURCES by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at our offices at 717, Notre-Dame Street, Embrun. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, the Township of Russell agrees to recognize the different needs and to provide an accessible place to all.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE | TREASURER
The Township of Russell, a growing bilingual community east of Ottawa, is actively seeking candidates for their Director of Finance|Treasurer position. This incumbent will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and is a member of the Department Head team. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform statutory duties of the Treasurer in accordance with the Municipal Act 2001, as amended, and other relevant legislation to ensure efficient financial management of the Municipality;
- Manage the day to day function of the Finance Department by providing strong leadership in the areas of municipal finance including general accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, debt capacity analysis, purchasing policy and procedures, municipal property taxation and capital asset management;
- Provide strategic financial leadership and recommendations to Council, the CAO and Department Heads on financial and budgetary matters, including long-term financial planning;
- Direct and manage the financial affairs of the Municipality, capital and operational budget preparation and administration, annual financial statements, financial reports to Council, tax and revenue collection and coordination and payroll;
- Responsible of managing the Finance and Asset management departments’ personnel.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- University or College diploma in accounting or finance, a professional accounting designation of CPA, CA, CGA or CMA is preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in municipal finance, at a management level would be an asset;
- Extensive, experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management;
- Thorough working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Development Charges Act, Public Sector Accounting Board standards, investment and debt management, provincial/federal funding programs, property taxation, auditing standards and practices and other related legislation or regulations, payroll operations would be an asset; Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, research and report writing skills;
- Experience in staff management;
- Leadership and human relations skills in order to direct, develop, motivate, and support staff in developing and achieving goals and objectives and able participate as an effective team member within the Finance department and the Department Head team.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent understanding, speaking, reading and writing of French and English.
COMPENSATION: The salary, based on 35 hours per week, is between $ 80,546 and $ 97,795 per year together with an excellent benefit package (currently under market review).
DEADLINE TO POST YOUR RESUME: JULY 31th, 2015 BEFORE 4:00 PM