Voting Dates and Times

The Voting Period for the 2022 Municipal Elections is October 19 to 24, 2022.

Register to Vote

Who can vote?

You can vote in a municipal election if, on voting day, you are:

  • a resident of the Township of Russell, or an owner or tenant of land in the Township, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant;
  • a Canadian citizen;
  • at least 18 years old; and
  • not prohibited from voting by law.

Who cannot vote?

You cannot vote in a municipal election if you are:

  • a person serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
  • a corporation;
  • a person acting as executor or trustee or in another representative capacity;
  • a person convicted of a corrupt practice described in section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996

Ways to Vote

You can vote by either:

Voting Help Centre

If you require assistance or information to vote, you can visit our Voter Help Centre, which will be at the Town Hall, and shall be open to the public on the following dates and times:

  • October 19 to 24, 2022.

Hours to be determined.

List of Candidates Registered

NameContactFinancial Statements

Leroux, Pierre


Not yet available

NameContactFinancial Statements

Lalonde, Marc

  • 613-407-2962

Not yet available

Laurin, Jamie

  • 613-601-3581

Not yet available

Police Village of Russell Trustee
NameContactFinancial Statements

Miller, Mike

  • 613-240-0525

Not yet available

Dyer, Dave

  • 613-445-3527

Not yet available

Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
NameContactFinancial Statements

Héroux, Jacques

  • 613-443-9969
  • Jhé

Not yet available

Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
NameContactFinancial Statements

Wilson, Sue

  • 613-678-3306

Not yet available

Upper Canada District School Board
NameContactFinancial Statements

Not yet available

Not yet available

Not yet available

Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
NameContactFinancial Statements

Not yet available

Not yet available

Not yet available


Anyone asking for amendments to the Voters' List or requiring the issuance of a new Voter Information Letter shall be able to prove his or her identity and his or her qualification to vote including a proof of residence, renting or ownership, date of birth and even Canadian citizenship. 

You must present one of the following documents showing your name and address:

  • Ontario driver's license
  • Ontario Health Card (photo card)
  • Ontario Photo Card
  • Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
  • cancelled personalized cheque
  • mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario
  • insurance policy or insurance statement
  • loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution
  • document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
  • any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government
  • any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)
  • income tax assessment notice
  • child tax benefit statement
  • statement of employment insurance benefits paid T4E
  • statement of old age security T4A (OAS)
  • statement of Canada Pension Plan benefits T4A (P)
  • Canada Pension Plan statement of contributions
  • statement of direct deposit for Ontario Works
  • statement of direct deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board statement of benefits T5007
  • property tax assessment
  • credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
  • CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  • hospital card or record
  • document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution
  • document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home
  • utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities' commission
  • cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
  • transcript or report card from a post-secondary school