Posted on Friday, December 02, 2022 03:46 PM
Every day, more people are choosing the Township of Russell — a community of vision, generosity, and opportunity. We are the fastest growing community in the region with an 18.6% population growth rate. Be part of a community that supports local, offers economic opportunities, and provides a balanced lifestyle.
Open external page...
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2022 03:05 PM
Support local and win this holiday season! Our Economic Development Department are running a Bingo Card contest to support local businesses. Participate for a chance to win one of three $100 gift cards.
Download a Shop Local Bingo Card and print at home or pick up a printed copy at Town Hall.
How to Enter:
- Complete the actions of 5 squares on the Bingo Card to form a complete line (vertical, horizontal, or diagonal).
- Get a photo/receipt proof for each Bingo square action completed.
- Email your...
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2022 02:00 PM
Only a few more weeks until kids are home for the holidays!
We are offering a kids’ holiday camp at the Russell Youth Centre on December 27 to 30, and January 3 to 6, 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. Ages 6 to 12.
Registration starts December 1 and ends December 21 on our BookKing portal.
We are also hiring extra camp staff to help out – visit our Job Postings webpage if you want to apply.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2022 10:57 AM
An on-street parking ban is in effect each night from 1:00a.m. to 7:00a.m. from December 1, 2022, to February 28, 2023, inclusively.
During this period, no person shall park a vehicle or permit a vehicle to remain on a street between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., regardless of the weather conditions. Any person who does so is liable to a fine and/or will have their vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
During a winter parking ban, please park in your driveway or use one of our designated...
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 02:00 PM
Thank you for your patience during construction in the summer! Here is a summary of paving projects completed this year:
- Route 300 (St Pierre to St-Thomas) — 2.8km overlay, $248,000
- Hamilton Road (Craig to Route 200) — 2.1km resurfacing, $552,129
- St André Road (Route 400 to Marionville Road) — 4.4km resurfacing, $857,150
- St Thomas Road (Notre Dame to Route 300) — 1.8km overlay, $189,000
- Route 400 (St-André to Ste Catherine) — 1.3km overlay, $124,000
- Route 400 (St Albert Road to the Unopened Right-of-Way)...
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 09:25 AM
Are you a resident who would like to discuss municipal issues one-on-one with the Mayor while on the move?
Starting now, Mayor Pierre Leroux invites you to come and walk with him at the Sports Dome to discuss these issues. 4 walks will be held each week with 4 different residents, for a period of thirty minutes each.
No membership or day pass required!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date and time for your discussion.
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 04:37 PM
Embrun, Ontario – The newly elected council for the Township of Russell was sworn into office on Monday, November 21, 2022, in the council chambers at the municipal office in Embrun.
Acclaimed Mayor Pierre Leroux welcomed returning Councillors Jamie Laurin and Mike Tarnowski and newly elected Councillors Lisa Deacon and Marc Lalonde.
“Moving forward, we will all determine the direction we travel as a team, bringing the community along with us for what is sure to be an incredible journey....
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022 08:30 AM
Flags will be half-masted on all municipal buildings in the Township of Russell from 11:00a.m. until sunset on November 11, 2022, to mark Remembrance Day.
Lest we forget.
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2022 11:28 AM
The Township of Russell is hiring a Full-Time Fire Chief.
The Township’s current Fire Chief, Bruce Armstrong, is retiring at the end of December after dedicating over 30 years to our Fire and Rescue Services. Since May of this year, he was temporarily appointed by Council as the Township’s first Full-Time Fire Chief. He has since helped the Township identify the Fire Department’s needs, standardize procedures, address inefficiencies, create a comprehensive job description for the permanent position,...
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2022 08:46 AM
During the winter season, please remember to:
- Move your basketball net off the street. It should not be within the road allowance.
- Keep snow on your property, and don't push it into streets, sidewalks, or in ditches (as per in the Highway Traffic Act).
- Your garbage and recycling bins need to be visible in your driveway, and not on the street, shoulder, or sidewalk.
- To avoid shoveling the driveway again when the plow passes by, clear the area to the left of your driveway. Snow from the plow will...
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2022 03:26 PM
At last night’s Township of Russell Council meeting, Mayor Pierre Leroux and the rest of Council said their goodbyes to two outgoing councillors.
Councillor André Brisson and Councillor Cindy Saucier will not be returning for the next term of Council.
Mayor Pierre Leroux presented the departing Councillors with a gift as a gesture of appreciation for their public service to the Township and residents. Councillor Brisson and Councillor Saucier each received a framed photograph taken within the Township...
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2022 09:15 AM
Presently, between November 1 to April 1, no vehicles can be parked on any street in the Township of Russell from 1:00a.m. to 7:00a.m., regardless of weather conditions.
However, following approval by Council a pilot program is in effect for the 2022-2023 winter season:
- In December, January, and February, a regular winter parking ban will be in effect each night from 1:00a.m. to 7:00a.m., regardless of weather conditions.
- In November and in March, the on-street parking ban will be reduced to alert-based...
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2022 04:00 PM
The Jonathan Pitre Park play structure will be closed on Tuesday, November 1st, to allow maintenance work to be completed.
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2022 08:51 AM
Many residents did not have their leaf and yard waste collected this weekend due to truck breakdowns. The contractor will return this morning, Monday October 31, 2022, to complete the route.
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2022 03:47 PM
The Township of Russell has added two hybrid vehicles to its fleet as a means of becoming a more environmentally conscious municipality.
We are committed to reducing emissions of our corporate vehicles. We took action with our Green Fleet policy adopted in 2022. The two important parts of this policy are:
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles — each time vehicles or equipment need to be replaced/purchased, we consider hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Idling — we have time standards for idling corporate vehicles,...
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2022 09:19 AM
The Township of Russell is seeking to fill positions on the following committees and local board:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (4 Positions)
- Line Fence Viewers (3 to 5 Positions)
- 1ust be 18 years of age or over;
- Must be a Canadian Citizen;
- Must be a resident of the Township of Russell;
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French);
- Is not employed by the Library Board or by the Township or County (for Library).
Term: Concurrent with the term of Council (ending November 14,...
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2022 09:00 AM
The month of October, we recognize Caribbean Heritage Month. It is an opportunity to learn about the history, the contributions, and the rich diversity of Caribbean peoples which includes forty-three distinct nations and six official languages.
Ask our Township Library staff for some reading suggestions!